Friday, August 11, 2006

florida or bust

I don't really know what that expression means, but growing up when we used to always go on spring break trips to florida, we would sometimes make a sign that said "Florida or Bust" and put it in the window. If anyone can explain the meaning, please feel free to do so in the comments section. Thanks.

So I'm going to Florida tomorrow, and you better believe I won't be packing any liquids or gels in my carry-on luggage. Ridiculous. Delta sent us an email suggesting we arrive at the airport THREE hours before our time of departure. Yeah right. Nothing would ever take three hours at the great Kansas City International Airport. Maybe I'll actually try to get there a whole hour early instead of like 45 minutes before the flight takes off.

Florida is probably my favorite state. I've been in that state at least once a year for the past...I don't know 13 years of my life or something crazy like that. I just do nothing but go to the beach and hang out with the fam. And of course the occassional work-out with my cousins.

It's gonna be good.

I'm always on the move. I just got back last night from a brief two-day trip to Denver. With Justing tagging along, of course. We hung out at Maggie's house, and on Wednesday I went to Arvada to see my future new home.

Everything was pretty sweet. The church was good, the people were cool, the way they do ministry sounds awesome, and the family I'm living with is really nice. However, I'm still a little nervous and overwhelmed by the whole thing, mostly because this is a pretty big life change/moving on deal. But you know what? God's never let me down yet, so I trust I'll be just fine.

One of the best parts of the trip was being reunited with my Emjo.

Ah it had been so long since I had seen my boo. The trip home went fairly well, until one of the more loud and annoying noises I've heard started coming from the roof of the car. See, earlier we had some packing problems and had to tie Emily's bike to the roof of the car.

But something up there started going crazy, and somebody said, "It's like trying to sleep on a motorboat in here." The beating of something--we thought it was rope--was unreal.

But we found the culprit. It was the foam mat we had laid down under the bike that had gotten a little loose and was flapping wildly in the wind. So somewhere in the middle of nowhere Kansas (as you can tell from the pictures) we pulled off the highway and took care of the problem, and the last two and a half hours of the trip were much more peaceful. Holler.

Soon I'll be heading off to Kansas City for the night to hang out with some camp peeps. I'm gonna miss that. I've spent a lot of time in the Kansas City area for the past couple weeks, just seeing campers and YouthFront staff and Melissa and stuff, so it makes me a little sad that I'm leaving now, but it's okay.

Also, I took a lot of joy these past couple days in Project Runway, Figure it out, Loaded Questions and Fastball. Take that how you want.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, you killed 5/8 hours of that drive...you are a maniac and I love you.