Saturday, August 05, 2006

the camp chronicles comes to an end

I've been without wireless internet for a week now, and you know what? I think I love it. The internet is so incredibly and stupidly addicting, so I really like being cut off. I just steal Jen's internet or come to Signs of Life, but then that's overwhelming because I feel like there's so much to do in one sitting that I wish I had never started. You know, writing emails, posting pictures to facebook, writing in tate-blog, it's crazy.

But seriously, internet can be an addiction. These kids I talk to at camp spend ridiculous hours on AIM, MySpace, Facebook, disneychannel.com, etc. It's unreal. I sometimes think it's worse than partying and doing drugs, because hey, at least with that they're actually out interacting with real people and doing something real.

Maybe that's a little extreme. But whatever, you get my point.

Let's just look at these incredible people now...

My girls. Ah, I love them. These are the beautiful cabin leader chicks I spent all summer with.

My boys. And these are the wonderful cabin leader boys I spent all summer with. Equally I love them.

I know I overuse this word, but camp this summer was...

Incredible.

From crazy camp outfits...


To crazy camp games...


To crazy camp games that didn't really make sense...


From being teased constantly...


To making fun of campers for being obsessed with Micah...


From seeing God work in my campers' lives...


To being incredibly blessed by my campers...


From the hard moments...

(this is just a dramatic photo, it's not real, don't worry. but man that face is good.)
To the funny moments...


To the really funny moments...


To the really really funny moments...


From awkward beginnings...


That became awesome friendships...


To loving this staff so much!!!





It

was

sweet.


"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." -Romans 8:28

1 comment:

jen said...

that was moving, tate. seriously...i loved how you did that with the pics! i got chills. it was a sweet summer, baby and i am glad we did it together!
hey...where are we??