Thursday, November 03, 2005

Boggle your mind

First off, if anyone has any revelation on what I should do with my life in the near future, please let me know. I feel like the story of my life in recent years is that just when I think I have things figured out, they change and get all confusing again. Ok that's borderline too serious for tate blog. Oops.

Emily Ashcraft I don't ever want to leave you either.



In other news, I'm excited to inform you that I've joined the facebook group called "Kerry Benson: Men Want Her, Women Want To Be Her." It was a happy moment when I discovered that group.

Mr. Ochoa and I had a confontation at the drinking fountain right before class yesterday. All I could think of in my head was, oh man, what if he found my blog somehow? Justin is telling me that I should just go up to him after class and be like, "Hey have you ever thought about asking me out? Because I'd go on a date with you." I'll consider this option. But I would prefer to pass a note during class. We'll see.

In the beginning of class, I overheard Ochoa ask the girl next to me if she thought Benson noticed when he wasn't there. With no hesitation I immediately turned to him and said, "Well one time you were gone and she referred to you as Mr. Blue Wings Rising." Okay. Maybe I jumped on that a little too quick. He didn't seem to notice that I've been waiting to tell him that for the past 2 weeks.

So just now I started thinking about how I have a link to this blog in my facebook profile, and that anyone from my class could just happen to click on that and find out about my weird obsessions--namely Allison, who sits between me and Ochoa, or Ochoa himself. Man that's so awkward I love it. Although if any of you are reading this, my disclaimer is that my secret crush/obsession on Ochoa is mostly for entertainment purposes. And you better leave me a comment. And let's be friends.

Ochoa quote of the day from yesterday: "I wish I was outside flying a kite."

Moving on, this past weekend was da bomb. On Friday, the girls dressed up for the CRU costume party as Farewell to Ashlyn and groupies. Of course I would be the one to dress up as my ex-boyfriend for Halloween. One of my favorite things nowadays about my former relationship with Micah Thomas is that we love to do and say things that go against the social norms of breaking up. Just be warned, if you're around the two of us for more than about 10 minutes, expect us to make every attempt to make things awkward. Just ask Katie Dennis. She got some of the best of it a couple weeks ago.

Anyway, here's a few of my favorite pix.


Here's the whole group: Danielle being Leah, Melissa being Kyle, Linsie being me, Jen being Steve, me being Micah, and Emily smoking a pipe being Alan.



Linsie and I tried to take lots of awkward pictures together.



This is by far my favorite. Oh gosh, so good.



Overall, the whole thing turned out way better than we thought it would. I'd be willing to say it was the most entertaining Halloween costumes I've ever had.

Putting pictures on my blog isn't as exciting anymore now that we can put pictures on the freaking facebook. Oh well.

Oh yeah, let's talk about this. So a week ago, I had kind-of an awkward, not very good night. Plus I had drank a decaf mocha, which I found out later that decaf espresso still has 10% caffeine in it. Obviously. So Justin brings me home and I feel pretty weird about life. But this led to one of my favorite obsessions as of late.

I was sitting on the couch with my computer being flustered Tate. You know, the one that's saying "I hate my life" and being really weird and extreme about things. The Tate that the boys don't really want to mess with so they just do what I want and buy me things. (Side note: I don't do this on purpose, just so you know.) So I look over at our book shelf and I'm like, "Let's play Boggle." I don't know if I was being serious or what, but suddenly I thought, yeah, Boggle is what is necessary right now.

So Justin, not wanting to play but wanting to make frustrated Tate happier, sits down to a game of Boggle with me at like 2 in the morning. And here starts the obsession. Justin and Tate obsessions are so good. Like: Internet in Chile, Krikos, Dave Chookazsian and Mike Werner and Jenny Brazile, Poker, Donkey Kong, And 1 Mix Tape Tour, Super Nintendo Jeopardy, Tennis Class, Boohbah...

Current Boggle standings:
Jub: 2
Tate: 1

Finally, Jen's Birthday thingy thing was Saturday night. It was good times. I love that girl. I don't know what I'd do without her. And just to update, all the secrets I was hiding were our costumes, Jen's birthday party and the birthday video I made for her. I didn't know what to do with myself after the weekend was over. It was like the culmination of my life for the past couple weeks. That doesn't even make sense. Here's the party people:



I had everyone share poems for Jen. But funny ones, definitely not serious ones. Oh man, it was so funny. You've got Kyle and Steve just saying completely ridiculous things, Nathan getting the whole group to sing, and everyone else just being da bomb. Good work people, Jen loved it.


We are attractive.

Well tomorrow I go to a conference in St. Louis to figure out my life and find a spouse. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hrmm. i also enjoyed the post. I feel like I haven't been boggled though. Awkwardness between you and MT, no way! I didn't even notice. ;) ya right. ok, so I loved every minute of that night though, good times with 2 good people, *i love you more?* what? hoes before bros.
so...I think that I can't relate to this new phase in your life...but I can pray for you and for guidance. Gosh darnit Tate He's got something in mind just for you, it will come. Keep trusting. I heart you.
Katie

Anonymous said...

new post new post new post new post new post
:)

katie d.