Friday, November 25, 2005

tate-blog is the new facebook

The pressure for tate-blog to be da bomb is heightening. I never really told anyone (except a few friends and my parents) to read the tate-blog, but slowly but surely, it's being discovered. Much like the phenomenon of the facebook a year ago. Pretty soon people from all over the country will be browsing the endless enjoyment of the tate-blog.

Probably not. But I am excited to see readership growing. Not everyone is as excited about the new readers though...

"Getting pissed that everyone reads your blog now." -Justin

"Who does this Mrs. Kristi Benz Atkinson think she is? If she thinks that ingenious and brilliance is brain rotting than yes ma’m I would agree. But moreover I think she might have been doing some sort of hard drugs when she wrote that-mmmm?...." -Ashcraft, in reference to the comment Krisi wrote on the last post

To my newer readers, don't mind them, they're just a little upset that the whole blog doesn't always revolve around them. Also, please don't be disappointed if I don't devote an entire blog entry to you. I did Danielle back when (a couple weeks ago) only a few people read this thing. Now it's exploding.

Last night I started to understand the fascination of my blog. I went back and started reading a bunch of the old posts, and I'm not gonna lie, they're pretty interesting. And now I'm only adding to the pressure. Great.

Just a few of you know that I only started this blog because I had to for a class. That was back when only my teacher and Justin and Emily read it. One time the two of them had left comments on one of my posts, and then the teacher wrote this comment:

"Amanda may have the biggest fan base for her blog in the whole class. Maybe she should sell t-shirts or something?"

So I'm currently taking design ideas for tate-blog t-shirts.

Oh gosh, all the fame is getting to my head. I've gotta calm down. I can't sell-out. I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror. Well, maybe a little bit. I am pretty attractive.


Uh oops. Ok that picture is pretty funny. My cousin Bill and I were having a little photo shoot on the balcony of our condo in Florida a couple years ago. But seriously, look at the wind-blown hair. That's good.

Unfortunately I cannot post any awesome pictures of all my new readers because I am on my parents computer, but check back soon and I will. Time to go shower to get ready to eat dinner at the country club, obviously. Oh the life I lead here in Kirkwood.

Happy birthday Katie Dennis (today) and Melissa Hartnett (tomorrow)!! I love you girls a lot!! Oh man, they will definitely need pictures up in the next 24 hours. Tate-blog is my life during breaks. Just think, Christmas break is a whole month. That's a lot of tate-blog.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're 23. i made out with a girl that old once. but i was not 23. i kinda hope i'm never 23. i made this more about me than you. deja vu?

Anonymous said...

i think everyone started to read your blog because i did and everyone obviously wants to be like me...doubtful, but possible...also, david ochoa's face was just on my big screen tv...one more thing, i'm pissed we're losing

poshiggity said...

Kelsey "discovered" your blog and got a picture? where's the love? "I am the Tate" is NOTHING without the influence of one Poshiggity...seriously. no, I'm not kidding. no, really, for real. seriously.

Anonymous said...

haha. did m.t. for real just read your blog? that's not even real. ok, well thanks for the bday card and wish and i love your sweet long wavy hair in the pic. i'm pretty sure we need to talk dcc? i love you.
jub jub and e. ashcraft, thanks for letting me join the tate fan club and not getting pissed:)
katie d.

Anonymous said...

how do ppl get names? oh wait let me try this...

Anonymous said...

ooo it worked.
katie d.

Anonymous said...

A slow Monday night finds me reading your blog and missing you! It was fun to see you this past week. You are so entertaining! I have enjoyed each and every one of your thought-provoking entries and I thoroughly look forward to many more! Love you!!