Sunday, July 02, 2006

chicks

They are so ridiculous sometimes.

This week I had a cabin of 14 going-to-be-freshman girls, eight of whom are some of the girliest Johnson County girls I've ever experienced. You can only imagine how excited (or not) I was for this group when they were all re-straightening their hair and applying more make-up like an hour after arriving. Ridiculous.

We were also placed on the only all-chick team there's been all summer. Whatever, I embraced it. Chicks.

I learned to love them. It just took some time and me not just viewing them as one massive girl. Individually, they were pretty sweet.

Sometimes I just wish girls would always act the way they do on Night Strike night:

All decked out in sweet clothes and not caring what they look like and being tough and competetive and awesome. I love that night. Also, I love these girls pictured above--week 3, possibly my favorite week of camp ever.

This week I was yelling at them every morning to stop applying make-up and get out of the cabin because they were late. Here is a picture of me getting ready to attack them for taking so long and making me yell so much:

Or maybe that's just me getting ready for Night Strike. I did so bad that week. I didn't make it under the tower once and I got tackled twice. And Night Strike is not supposed to be a contact sport. Whatever.

So anyway, chicks. They're just funny. And the thing is, I can only make fun of them so much because I was the same way. Here's one of my favorite things they do, that I also must admit I have done in the past:

They pretend like they're taking a picture of one of them, but really there's some hot dude in the background they want a picture of. Classic move. Look out for that one boys. Although I don't blame them for this one, Alan Keller is pretty attractive. Oops.

Random thought: The Wahaus twins are not girly, which is probably the main reason we are good friends and my favorites. Man I love those girls. Too bad things never worked out between me and their brother. What?

Ha.

Hey also I love the Covenant Chapel girls. I pretend to be part of their church. And help them with their little schemes, which is the reason these photos were taken:

Yep, there's me, the blob and the little ball they refer to as "Tony's Package." I don't really get it but I played along. This was the day I spent like 2 hours out on the dock just blobbing and sitting in the sun. It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it.

This is some beautiful photography work--by someone I can't name due to the nature of the picture--of me on the huge hill I've been walking up several times a day for the past 4 weeks. Not this week though...

Jen-baby and I are on Program Staff, holla. That means we live in a room together and hang out at camp and do whatever we want. It's gonna be great. Too bad it's a short week.

So I'm in the Lou now since we have a 4-day weekend. It's always a little boring and lonely here (no offense family), but I'm dealing. And Poshaks, how dare you leave when I come in town! At least Mark is coming tomorrow, but he's just gonna toy with my emotions again and tell me to move to Denver which I am still tempted to do.

At least my little cousins are here to play with so that's good. I relate to them better than I do adults.

I am not an adult. I am not a real person. Just in case you were wondering. As much as Nick and Alan and Alex try to tell everyone that I'm old and real, it's not true. I'm not real! Besides, all the campers think I'm only 18 or 19. Holler.

Hey, shout out to Julie Po--I mean Julie Van? Yeah that's good.

She is bursting with twin babies. They're coming soon, and we're all very excited.

Today I put on this spray sunscreen stuff which seemed sweet at the time, but eight hours and one shower later I still feel like I'm wearing it. That's sick.

Injuries sustained during week 4:
-Velociraptor attack (or maybe it was just Nick Elder, whatever) in which I was taken to the ground.
-Knocked down and then flipped over in the bumper belly after an extreme hit from Aaron Conner.
-Fighting for my life to not be thrown in a lake. Hey, it hurts when those stupid boys are all grabbing my arms and legs and I'm fighting to get away.
-Air horn blown in my ear. I will not mention names, but Alan Keller...oops again. Jerk.
-Nodules. It's getting worse week by week.
-Smack on the face by Jen Wilson. Okay that didn't really happen but it would be awesome.

Well that seems sufficient. I need to go praise the Lord because He's good. You should do the same.

Emjo, I miss you. Seriously, me and you and Cait are living in Colorado together. If not in a month then someday.

Oh and one more for Nick, because I know how happy this makes him:

Yeah, that's me and T.P. in front of YOUR cabin. Sucka.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

chicks do suck. but eh...whatev, not much we can do about that.
also, i am way stoked to live in the CO with you and emily ashcraft. life will be good then.
also, never grow up. and praise God constantly.
much love for you.

Anonymous said...

ninja tate just to let you know i love you and that certain pic of alan was not for us girls it was for someone else....
i think you know though :)