Maggie Shehan. You are a delight.I met little Maggles back when she was a senior in high school. At that time, I was friends with her older brother, Pat. And that, by the way, is really weird to think about. Hang on just a second and let's remember my early junior year days when I hung out with these freakin' sweet freshmen sometimes...
Oh man, those were the days. Sometimes I forget they existed. Sarah Turner transfered, Katie Hansen is engaged, Emily Duckworth (not pictured) is dating my ex-boyfriend and I love it, Pat...I almost never even see, and Maffro is dominating on the kickball field. That's all I know.Anyway, back to Maggie. So I guess she came to visit KU and Pat and all that, and was staying with my three St. Louis girls. I don't really remember much else besides meeting this girl who was Pat's sister.
Then she came to KU in the fall, and I apparently didn't remember her. Oops. My bad. She thought I didn't like her, or maybe she didn't like me or something because I guess I had to ask her name a few times. Sorry Maggles.
So we were friends throughout the year, but not really good friends. And then this year came around and we were a little better friends, but possibly there were certain circumstances keeping us from being really good friends still.
Maybe that's why were fighting to the death with these poles at Fall Getaway. But we were both always BFF with Emily, and that brought us together.Then I went to New Orleans, and when I came back, things really escalated quickly. I don't really know what I mean by that, except that Maggie moved up from friend status to really good friend status. We've shared in things now like GUTS, gymnasty, hot tub, Emjo, Sherpa softball, being big big whoopie, etc. It's been real.
So Maggles, you da bomb, and basically I'm glad we're friends. And just now I got really sad because we won't be around each other much for the next year or so as we go our separate ways. But just know that I have had a lot of fun being friends with you since I've been back in Lawrence and you made my transition back to here a little bit sweeter.
Ah, romantic sunset shot.That picture is one of the many taken this weekend, which has already been pretty sweet, and we haven't even had our softball game yet today.
Thursday night we had outdoor CRU. It was cool and was reminding me/getting me excited for camp. We just sang some songs and heard some people say a few sweet things, it was good. Here's us anxiously awaiting the start.
After that was the big Mountain Dewd kickball event. I love kickball. I got tackled by Evan Torren at one point, which was actually less painful than expected. My team lost the first game and then we switched teams around and my team won the second game.I worked on Stop Day when everyone else was off having fun/sleeping/playing softball. But it's fine, I like my job. At night on stop day though, we traveled out to Lone Star Lake for some good times.
That's one of my poignant/emo shots. The main reason we were going was because people were camping, but I'm usually not a fan of camping, so a bunch of us just went to hang out for awhile.
A bunch of the peeps played a rousing game of Bocce Ball.
And then we went out on the docky thing for the sunset where Justin creepy danced with Emily. We also all lined up and did the Electric Slide on that dock, which scared Emjo a lot because we shook that thing like whoa.Yesterday we had our little graduation party, which most people forgot to come to, but it was still really fun.
It was a nice day, we set up the sound system in the backyard, played some Bocce Ball and ate a lot of food. Like this beautiful cake...
Mmm.Well that's all I have to report on at this time, this was mostly just a recap blog. But hopefully there will be a 4th Sherpa win at our 5:00 game today to discuss later.
Happy Mother's Day Mom!
3 comments:
hey, for the record, i didn't forget to go to your party. i was there. and man, that cake was delish. ok i lied. oops. i just want you to know that this is distracting me from being productive right now. but who am i kidding? it's not like i have homework or class or anything. anyway, i love tateblog. but i love you more? ok, have a good day! bye!
First off, Tate you are so rad and this made me feel so loved and I am thrilled that we are friends and I will miss you like whoa when I am in Italy and you are being big big whoopie in Lawrence.
Also, Justin's comment is true.
Lastly, Caitlin Murphy is not my friend yet and I don't know why. When can I be friends with her? If she can read that entry and not want to be my friend, then she's changed.
Love you Taterader! -Maggles
dear tate, i just read this, and i hope maggles reads it soon, because she should know that we have always been friends. and some day we may actually meet!
Post a Comment