Monday, May 22, 2006

butt punching

Things got weird last night.

We were watching the video footage of the boxing match of the century: Derek Evans vs. Matt Morrow-Howell. Why they were boxing, I don't really know. But I think after the viewing the boys were thinking in their head about how much it would get hurt to get punched in different places. Or maybe it was just Micah thinking that.

Because 5 minutes later, Micah says to me, "Hey punch me in the stomach." At first I refused, but he insisted. I mean it really didn't take much insisting, let's be honest.

So I start punching him a lot of times in the stomach and he was making fun of me for not hitting very hard and I continued to wail on him to the point where Jen had to jump in and hold me back.

Then the other boys wanted to try. So I punched Jub several times in the gut and Steve just once. My hand started hurting.

Then we started discussing whether it would hurt to get punched in the butt. So then the three boys start punching each other really hard in the butt.

Then they looked at me.

Basically, in the end, Justin Hume punched me as hard as he could in the butt. Everyone lost it. Yeah, that was just weird. But worth it.

Yesterday the family graduated.

We are so cute.

This is the original classic family photo...

I'm so glad this family formed, even though it was pretty dysfunctional for a long time. That's just what happens when people break up.

Here's Dani and me walking through the Campanile, I love this one...

I already had walked through the Campanile though, just because I like to prove I don't believe in superstitions.

Jub and I bailed out after we walked down the hill and through the stadium since we had the big softball game to get to, but it was still cool and worth it. Walking down that hill with all the people watching makes you feel like a celebrity. I mean, look at us...

We are famous people.

Anyway. Emjo and I went on a "double date" on Friday. I still think it's a little unreal that this whole thing actually happened. We asked two random dudes we barely know out on a double date through one of their facebook walls; made them cards with construction paper and stencils; took them to Quik Trip, the batting cages and to my apartment to watch High School Musical; and that was it. I'm pretty glad it happened.

Emjo and I are now separated for the summer. Well, I'll see her one more time, but then she's off to Vail and I'm at camp. But I think we will survive this time and continue our BFFness in the fall.

Jen and I are headed off to camp on Wednesday.

Praise the Lord we're both in this together again. I can't believe it's been a whole year. Camp this year will definitely have a different feel for multiple reasons, but I think all in all, it will be awesome. I am just excited to love my camper girls and to be used by God to teach them about Him. That's what it's all about.

And now I need to move on with my busy day of getting my car back from Steve, going to the dry cleaners, playing softball, and beginning the camp packing process.

If you want, go have someone punch you in the butt. Preferably someone you know, but whatever. I promise it doesn't hurt. Much.

2 comments:

poshiggity said...

wish I was there for graduation. Sorry I missed it! I miss KU and walking through the Campanille (sp?) and Memorial Stadium. Was it a cool experience?

Anonymous said...

now i understand the random text message about you getting punched in the butt. sounds like fun?
ps. the other day me and my dannielle were caught ridin' dirty. that sounds really awkward but i'm going to leave it. have fun at camp!