Julie Fay McWilliams (the Bible study leader), me (emo college kid for life), Alison (married), Miranda (international enviornmentalist), Kristi (married), Kelsey (applying for law school), Carolyn (DC politics woman), Sarah (has a real job). That picture is missing Kerber (living her dreams far away) and Ellen (has a real 5-year plan). More recent picture coming soon.Also, they were exactly like SBTB in that they were involved in everything (and this is a real list): field hockey, cross-country, softball, tennis, basketball, swimming, soccer, track, student council, class office, yearbook, school newspaper, national honor society, band, choir, peer helpers, youth in government, pep club, plays, etc.
Then they left high school. And while they still maintain some of the same characteristics from the days growing up in Kirkwood, they each went their own separate ways. Much like SBTB. Oh wait no, they just all went to college together. And Zack and Kelly got married. So, that's different I guess.
Anyway, I spent some time with these lovely ladies yesterday, and I sit there thinking, how in the world were we all best friends in high school? I guess we just loved each other a lot. No, we did. For sure. They are good. But we missed Kristi. But...
I get to see her in the next couple days because I am travelling to the delightful Springfield MO! I mean, St. Louis is nice and all, but man do I get bored here. I don't do well when I don't have purpose (like class or work or something).
Today I watched Cheaper by the Dozen. And I cried. I don't mean I got choked up, I mean there were tears rolling down my face. Weird.
The other day I made meringue cookies. They taste good, but I don't think they turned out how they're supposed to. Apparently I'm not very good at the whole cookie making thing. If only I had that mixer.
In conclusion, old friend time was good, the lou is okay, I need to go to sleep so I can drive safely to see my Emily boo tomorrow. Life is good.
Here, this should answer everyone's questions:
Dec. 28-30: Springfield
Dec. 30-Jan. 1: Lawrence
Jan. 2-7: Denver Christmas Conference
Jan. 7-9 or 10: Lawrence
Jan. 9 or 10-12: St. Louis
Jan. 12-Spring Break: New Orleans
after Spring Break-mid May: Lawrence
May-rest of my life: ?
Also, I'm not a vampire or goth or depressed or decorated for Halloween or trying to be Lydia Thomas, I just like my fingernails black. That should clear up some of the confusion.
I ate Ted Drewes tonight. Mmmm.
3 comments:
i acutally just got on the internet to get a recipe to make cookies and decided to check this first...weird. i miss you
i actually ordered some books online and then said...welp. better check tate blog. you've actually made 2 entries since the last time i checked. weird.
oh that mixer? did you use jumbo eggs?
i love u.
kt
Wohoo Nun's Club photo! Wow, we are so hot ;) And now I feel famous, two pics on your blog! Anyways, looking forward to seeing you in a couple days...maybe we can try to make cookies again and see if they turn out alright (if not, can't say I mind just eating cookie dough :)
Love Kelsey
Post a Comment