Friday, December 23, 2005

bedside chat

I haven't gotten out of my bed yet today. In fact, I haven't gotten out of bed before 11:30 for like the past 3 days. I'm awesome.

First off, I just have a some notes/observations to express, in the form of good news/bad news:

Good: KU won the bowl game. It was sweet. I don't think I've ever seen a KU football team play that well. Plus, what a great end to my KU college career.
Bad: My friends got ticked at me for not watching White Christmas with them and choosing instead to watch the game. Come on people, I don't think you understand how historically crappy KU football is.

Good: Ochoa's name was mentioned near the end of the game and they put the camera on him.
Bad: It was because he got a holding penalty. Justin's comment via text message: "Ochoa=ruining Cornish." Whatever.



Good: I found Ochoa's profile on the facebook.
Bad: He has a girlfriend. (If anyone they know ever sees this, I think I could be arrested for stalking. But I had to do it. For the fans.)


Good: The song "The Minstrel's Prayer" by Cartel.
Bad: When you pronounce the name of that song outloud, it sounds like you're saying "The Menstrual's Prayer." It took me 5-10 minutes to figure out why Steve and Justin were laughing at me.

Good: My iPod started miraculously working last night after not working for 3 days and I almost sent it in to get repairs. I say miraculously because I'm pretty sure God went out of His way to make that bad boy work.
Bad: The CD drive on my computer still doesn't work very well so I can't upload the freaking sweet Emery CD.

Good: The new Farewell to Ashlyn music is pretty sweet.
Bad: Some of the singing isn't all that sweet, but Steve and I have had several lengthy discussions about it and decided it's okay for now.

Good: I've gotten to see a couple of my friends.
Bad: I have NOT seen Alison, Miranda, Kristi, Kerber, Carolyn, Ellen, Robyn...ok pretty much I've only seen Kelsey and Sarah.

Time out.

Miranda is a loyal tate-blog fan from afar, so I'd like to take this opportunity to highlight the wonder that she is. We haven't done this in awhile...

Miranda and I became friends in band class in 6th grade. She played the flute, I played the clarinet. By 8th grade, we had somehow managed to be seated next to each other, even though we played different instruments. We were pretty weird. Always.

One time in band class she was pretending to be blind and deaf and I was like leading her around and 'signing' things in her hands. And after class Mr. Baumann (who was da bomb) was like, "Miranda are you okay?" And she was like, "Yeah I'm fine we were just being funny." And he said, "Oh okay, I thought you were on something."

Miranda is the one that took me to this thing called K-Life, which is where I discovered how da bomb Jesus is and turned my life around. Well, as much as an 8th grader can turn their life around.

Things I associate with my friendship with Miranda in high school: cross-country, dance parties, being ultimate Kirkwood football and especially basketball fans, rap music, dance parties, being friends with people like Darrell Redmond and Jarriot Stubblefield and Dan Linnihan and Eric Walden, Spring Break trips, dance parties, etc.

Also I gave her the name Mrnda senior year. It stuck. Mostly now it's just Mrn. And one time on Lizzie McGuire, Matt had this little sign that said "I heart Mrnda." Yes. Good name. Plus, I heart Mrnda too. A lot.

Okay I'm done with this. It's really unconfortable sitting up and typing on this in my bed for this long. Plus I'm hungry and want to go eat some Lion's Choice. Who's jealous?

Oh and this just in: Melanie just walked in and told me Gar-man is picking up Lion's Choice on his way home from work so I don't even have to get out of bed! Ah, this is the life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mndrs-i just checked your blog, as i always do (like 437 times a day) and of course i was surprised and honored to find that i was part of the loveliness that is "i am the tate." then i ran upstairs and told the fam because i felt famous or something. thanks friend. you made me smile. i can't wait to see you and hang out. it will be soon--and awesome. merry christmas!
-mrn

jen said...

dang girl...that was a long one. i love it, though, because it is like sitting by you and listening to it all. it makes my heart yearn for your presence.