This afternoon in lab, I worked on cleaning up the web site and also putting up a couple new stories on flash. I was also supposed to write some descriptions for stories that won awards, but I got distracted with the other web site work, so it never happened. Sorry Staci. I also called the Douglas County courts or something like that to get information on the hit-and-run case.
Then when I came home today, I started looking at the tv.ku.edu web site and kept seeing little problems. Like teases that were too long and slugs that weren't capitalized correctly. I basically have issues with wanting to fix and change so many things on the web site when I go look at it later. Sometimes if it's obvious mistakes I change them, but other times I don't know if what I'm thinking is right. So then I just have to stop looking at the web site until it's actually my shift to edit it. I don't know if it's a problem really, but I definitely am always wanting to fix things. That's all.
I'm getting a little overwhelmed with the work I have to do in class. I have to put stories up for a TV News II reporter as well as a Kansan reporter. Meanwhile, we're trying to plan out all of our ideas for this new web site and be ready to present it in a month. I just hope I'm not forgetting anything. Whatever, I can handle it.
So to sum up, I put some stuff on the web today, I'm kind-of an obsessive editor and I'm trying to keep track of all the stuff I have to do for this class in the next month. Now, to try to spice this up a little, here are my two favorite moments from my lab shift today:
1. Professor Dick Nelson asked Laura Phillips if he could use her facebook account. I mean granted, he just wanted to get a logo off of it, but it was funny. Everyone else tried to convince him to start his own facebook profile. Not gonna happen.
2. Everyone in the newsroom stopped to watch the CNN for a few minutes because these cops were actually exploding two suitcases that were found abandoned on capitol hill in D.C. It was pretty sweet watching a suitcase get exploded. I'm pretty sure there was nothing suspicious.
That's all, I'm out.
No comments:
Post a Comment