Monday was rough.
The 693 in-depth project I was in charge of posting on the web was running Tuesday, which meant I had to have it all posted by Monday night. The first issue was that my 693 reporter had not yet called or emailed me back, so I had to call her again that day. She finally got back to me around 2:15pm. All I had was a script, so she was frantically trying to find some meaningful external links, pictures and anything extra we could use.
Then I talked to Staci. She showed me how exactly I was supposed to post the story, and it was way more complicated than I had thought. I had to divide up the story into pages, and technically have some visual elements and stuff for each page. The problem is, I didn't have many visual elements, and I didn't have the time to do it. Not only did I have this assignment that night, I also had a Spanish paper due the next day. Sweet.
So after that I couldn't really handle the newsroom and needed a break. Let's just say I was dealing with some stupid dramatic outside issues on this day as well. So I walked out of Dole and had a slight breakdown on the phone with my friend as I walked across the Robinson field. But after some time I felt better and went back to the newsroom to tackle the project. But man did I hate life for a short time.
I ended up just doing what I knew I only had time to do and that wouldn't put me over the edge of stressfulness. I hope it was okay. See for yourself. Now I just have to take on my 695 project, even though most of the class is dropping theirs. I hope I get some bonus points for this.
Anyway, today I spent another good part of my day in the newsroom. I put the copy of a story up on the web site and went to the morning meeting as usual. Then I was back in the afternoon to work on our proposals for the sports site.
I'm pretty much ready for the summer. And I'm pretty much really excited that I will be done with schooling in eight months! I can't take much more of this education.
No comments:
Post a Comment