Friday, January 26, 2007

elbow stretches

Guess what? No more robo-arm!

I went to the doctor again Wednesday, and he told me to stop wearing that ridiculous arm brace and that I needed to start physical therapy. Holla!

I was so excited for physical therapy because that means my arm will start working again and it would also give me something to do until my job starts. Oh and don't worry, I have officially been hired by Jefferson County Public Schools. But I still don't know when I start. It's fine.

Anyway, so I'm getting all pumped for PT until I get a call yesterday, which led to numerous other calls trying to figure out how to get my insurance to cover physical therapy. It's a long story I won't get into here. It was frustrating and still not completely solved, but I don't even care because I got to learn how to stretch my arm yesterday! It's the little things guys, okay?

These arm stretches feel good and painful, but I think I'm finally on the road to recovery. Six weeks later. Sweet.

Here's me and my new BFF Angie Wysocki.

She's a delight, and I'm glad I've had her to hang out with ever since the accident. And just in general. There just aren't enough girls here. And Angie is leaving Sunday morning. Crap. Oh well, I'll survive without her. I think.

Last night we went out for her and Amanda's (my boss) birthday.

There we all are. We went to this place called Sing Sing, which is basically a bar with dueling pianists. They were pretty good, but things got a little raunchy at times. Or very raunchy. But it was still fun. At one point Mark leaned over to me and said, "Did you ever think a year ago that this is where you'd be now?" To which my response was, "Nope, not at all."

One thing right now and a year ago do have in common: me agonizing over life decisions I have to me. It never gets any easier apparently. Dang. I'll figure it out. I always do.

That's about it for things in common.

I know I say this like all the time, but I just need you Kansas people to know one more time how I miss you lots. I think I'm going through withdrawl. And somehow I will figure out how to visit you in the near future.

I'm gonna continue on with my day of nothing, which I have learned to accept and deal with lately. Because once subbing starts, waking up really early everyday also starts. I'm gonna enjoy my days of sleeping until ten now while they last.

2 comments:

Katie said...

tate,
i will always want to know how much you miss kansas. i think you should know that when you send little messages, or when things remind me of you, or things remind you of me that makes my day brighter.
arm stretches! woo!!!
keep being tate.
love

Anonymous said...

my moms tried to get me a fake ID to get me into sing sing for a birthday party. she forgot that i was living in oregon