Friday, April 14, 2006

Recovering from emo-ness

Ever since I returned to Lawrence and I've tried to sit down to write in tateblog, I'm really emo. So, loyal tateblog fans, just know that I have been sparing you from some super-emo blogs that would further confuse you on the general feeling of tateblog.

The emo-ness is fading. Praise the Lord.

Emo has many definitions, in case anyone is confused. The generally accepted definition of emo that caught on among my NOLA team was to be sad or depressed or quiet or moody. This little exchange could be heard often:

"Hey where's Jeremy?"
"Oh he's off being emo."

Anyway, I'm still a little emo. I miss my New Orleans friends and I don't have much to do here in Lawrence so it makes me sad. Part of me thinks I should just pack up and go back right now.

But the other part of me loves being with all my friends and being in Lawrence again. Sleeping a lot, watching GUTS, going to CRU, singing at CRU, playing kickball, playing Mario Kart on the big screen, having a shower and bathroom, playing with my friends every night...it's been sweet.

I still don't have a job. Oops. The Lawrence Public Schools and me are not really getting along. They don't so much like to put me to work yet. Oh well, on God's timing I guess. Maybe He doesn't want me to have a job. Maybe I just need to chill and be still. That's a first.

I just got back from one of the sweetest vacations ever. Rick Amos and Campus Crusade, you are da bomb for sending us long-term volunteers on a much-needed vacation. Let's review some of the highlights, shall we?

We first went to Orlando and toured the Campus Crusade for Christ Headquarters. It was pretty awesome. I want to go on staff? Probably. This is us NOLA people on the beautiful lawn.

Then we boarded the Fantasy. We found some interesting things while exploring the cruise ship the first day, including the sketch topless deck. According to Jamie, Regan frequently jogged around up there. I'm pretty sure she didn't realize there was another top deck where the track was.

The first night we jumped right into the cruising activities. Cait and I went to learn how to dance Austin Powers-style while our friends watched and laughed.

Day 2 of the cruise we stopped off at a city in the Bahamas. Ten of us got in a taxi and found our own private beach area. We kind-of had a beach photo shoot. Also there was this little park across the street, so I went over there to swing by myself and it was probably one of the most peaceful moments of my life.

That night was formal night. One thing led to another and suddenly I was on a date with the incredible Nik Stice. He even bought me a rose. We are attractive.

Later that night we went to the dance club and got krunk. It was pretty sweet.

Smoking time occurred on the back deck almost every night. I even tried smoking a pipe. It didn't work out too well for me. I laughed and then choked and then didn't want to try it again. Maybe someday I'll give it another shot...

Day 3 we just chilled on the boat. Uncle Rick came by at one point and said he was going to buy a drink, so Cait was like, oh hey buy me one too. And he did. So here are the girls drinking Pina Coladas. I drank from both of them. It was the only alcohol I had on the trip and I didn't even pay for it. Suckas.

Day 4 we were in Nassau, Bahamas and went to another beach where we were once again pretty much the only people there.

Nik actually climbed a tree, got the coconut, broke it and created this all by himself. What a man.

The last night Cait and I kicked off the karaoke party singing A Whole New World. However, nothing beats Jeremy doing a rendition of Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone." One of the funniest things I've ever witnessed in life.

So needless to say, that trip was bomb, those people are bomb, God is da bombest of all. Oh why does He continue to bless me over and over again? He is good.

Well I feel like I've spent sufficeintly too much time on that. I hope you've enjoyed. Hopefully soon we will return to regularly scheduled tateblogs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As one of the most loyal Tate blog readers, I can't tell you how pleased I was to see some great, new material posted here. I was starting to get worried, but thanks for explanation & I'm glad you're recovering from your extreme emo. I hope Lawrence is treating as good as Lawrence can (which isn't very good). Later.

-N

jen said...

i would just like to say, in response to that last message there, that lwarence can treat you very well. it is da bomb and it loves you. i love you more probably. hope the lou is good!

Anonymous said...

You stole my picture! That's fine because I like it. Um, thanks for the comment on my xanga. I love you and I am glad that you are in Lawrence. At least for a little while. Enough to watch GUTS an insane amount. OK Happy Easter. P.S. They played the song "Lady in Red" at my Easter service today. Awkward.