Wednesday, February 02, 2005

So far, so good

I love this online journalism stuff. It's a nice change of pace to the intense reporting of TV News I. I think I like what we're doing in this class because I don't really like creating new ideas that much, but I like running with already established ideas and building on them. And that's what I feel like this job is--building more on what we already know. I also like the freedom. I like that our job isn't set in stone.

Today I helped my 692 ladies work through some of their ideas for their online stories. I was reminded of when I was in their shoes last semester, and I appreciated even more that that's not where I am now, I'm not gonna lie. But I'm definitely excited to help them and add to what they're doing in whatever ways I can.

To answer one of your questions, Staci, I really enjoy copy editing, working with iMovie or Final Cut, and learning how to do more sweet things on the computer. I think I pick up these technology things pretty quick for the most part, so that's good.

Well I feel like I've written more than a sufficient amount today, so I'll be signing out now. Sorry if this was boring, I'll really try to keep these things interesting.

No comments: