This is a little late getting on, but here it is...
I find it interesting to think about what I would be doing as a web journalist five years from now, because I don’t even know what I’m doing as a web journalist tomorrow. When I was a student working in TV News, everything was set. We knew what “perfect” was and were taught the steps to get there. I’m new at web journalism, but it still seems that it is a growing form of media in which “perfection” has not yet been discovered. I have now moved from the mentality of knowing exactly what to do to having several different options of what to do and therefore having to choose my course. Five years from now, I think there will be more standards to what web journalism will look like, but the bar will still not be set. As a web journalist five years from now, I see myself not only trying to keep up with the changes, but also trying to find ways to improve and move forward in the web journalism world.
Web journalism is growing in importance, and will continue to do so. It is becoming a 24-hour job. In November, I heard from a friend that the girlfriend of an acquaintance of ours had died in a car accident. Later that night, I went to several different news websites looking for more information. I found nothing until a day or two later. In five years, I see information like this being up on the web almost immediately. This may create high demands for web journalists, but people will be able to adjust with the changing. I predict web journalism will become more of a necessary news source, rather than a complementary news source.
No comments:
Post a Comment