Monday, January 31, 2005

Game Day

Due to scheduling conflicts, my life as an online reporter is now divided between two days. I spend an hour and a half here Monday afternoons and an hour and a half here Wednesday morning. But then again, does this job really stop in between those times? I don't think so. We're always supposed to keep our eyes pealed and our ears open to what is going on and how we can improve the online world of journalism here at KU.

Today we are currently working on getting the website and reporters prepared for the KU-Mizzou basketball game tonight. I so far have been trying to think of different angles that our numerous reporters can run with. Staci even suggested I go check out the Missouri newspaper to see what they have to say. It's pretty bleak. Not even Mizzou has confidence in its own team. And do they not have an opinion page? All I have to say is that we dominate Mizzou in terms of media quality.

Tonight we have reporters and photographers going to the game as well as a bar to report on the biggest game of the year and hear what the fans have to say. I won't be working anymore, but the website will be updated periodically throughout the game with the material we get from the reporters. At least, I think that's how it's working.

Meanwhile, I'm still learning what exactly my job is here. But that makes it exciting. I never know what will happen next. Speaking of which, I have to go figure out how to best utilize the rest of my time here. Go Jayhawks!!

Check out the lame article from theMissourian

No comments: