Friday, December 05, 2008

THANKSgiving

Next week is finals week, and guess what? I'm not even that stressed about it. I still have a lot to get done, so I need to start on some reading today, but I felt that I first needed to update tateblog.

Prince Caspian came out on DVD on Tuesday.

I of course watched it that day, despite the amount of homework I had. And I of course cried a little at the end. I can't help it. I just love Aslan. And Edmund. Anyway, it was great to be reunited with all of them, and I plan on watching it again this weekend. And then a few more times on Christmas break.

It's weird that I'm going home again in less than two weeks, because I feel like I just got back. Oh wait, I kind-of did just get back. But it will be good because I didn't get to see a lot of my friends over Thanksgiving break, besides my Ellen.

Thanksgiving was sweet though. We missed Ryan and Justina, but most of the rest were there. Including Angie and Kara.

That's us on the required visit to Ted Drewes (Kara on the left, Angie in the middle). For those of you who don't understand who these people are, Kara is "Uncle Mark girlfriend!" (as Kyle said it) and Angie is my friend who lives in Chicago. But Angie is also the oldest daughter of the family I live with. And she was also Kara's small group leader one time at 4Cs. And she also babysits for the Van Rossums, who were also at Thanksgiving. So I basically felt like she had more connections with people at Thanksgiving than I did.

But besides all the excitement of hanging out with the Poshaks, especially Kyle and Ellie, who are now over 2-years-old and hilarious, I got to see my actual family.

Those are my cousins: Jane, Charlie and John. Well, first cousins once removed, technically. Our family is a little complicated. One of my favorite parts of break was eating dinner at IHOP with these three, as well as little Margaret and Stacey, instead of going to the country club with the "adults." Stacey and I are 36 and 26, but we still tend to prefer the company of the little ones. No offense to the rest of you, we still like you too. But will you sing "The Boys are Back" from High School Musical 3 with me like 2-year-old Margarent did? I didn't think so.

Over break I also got to meet my first and only Tate cousin for the first time.

That's Andrew Tate. He's my Dad's only brother's first son. This is exciting stuff because the Tate family was down to just six members before Andrew came along. It's probably about time for Ryan and Justina to step it up now and contribute to our numbers, hint hint.

Some other highlights of Thanksgiving included cookies, 30 Rock, going up in the Arch, Thanksgiving dinner, and relaxing at home. I missed the Turkey Day game, but Kirkwood lost anyway.

I'm looking forward to being back in the Wood again real soon.

2 comments:

The Van Rossums said...

Wait, are we not your "actual" family? And where are the pictures of Kyle & Ellie? :)

poshiggity said...

wow, Kara made the Tate Blog? This must be serious!