Monday, June 09, 2008

will smith said it all

I LOVE summer.

Last night at church Ev told this story about Rachel Larsen calling summer "magical," and everyone laughed because Rachel Larsen is just a magical person herself I guess. But the more I thought about, the more I realized she is right. It IS magical.

I mean it for sure helped that the summer kicked off with Narnia, but it also just feels so free. I can go running at 7pm, I can take junior high girls on a random adventure to the mall an hour before closing on a Wednesday night, I can go on trips, I can read books, I can lay on the couch and watch Full House after breakfast, I can take naps, I can watch old movies like The Bourne Identity and Sister Act 2, I can see Narnia three times in the theatre in the first three weeks it is out.

Basically, I have the time to just enjoy life instead of having every second of my day filled. Not to mention I love love love warm to hot weather. But we all know this about me already.

So in Angie Wysocki style, here is a brief rundown of my life since my semester ended in picture form:

The parents came to visit and we did some big-time touristy things in Colorado Springs. Wait that picture is from Estes Park.

Yeah this one is in the Springs at Garden of the Gods. We also did Pike's Peak (way up there) and Royal Gorge (way down there). My favorite was Royal Gorge because it reminded me of Narnia. But yeah we just saw a lot of stuff that makes you go, nice work God, love what you've done with the place.

Then the parents left and the Angie came. And we went to a million or so graduation parties. Our little Kristen was one of them.

She's like part of the family too.

Angie organized a little memorial day thingy, which I only half remember because I was still recovering from a junior high lock-in the night before. All I know is it was raining and cold but for some reason we still went outside and made s'mores.

Then I flew back to Chicago with Angie to eat Dunkin Donuts (three times)...

Ride the El downtown (during which I was constantly referencing The Fugitive, which then coincidentally was on TV a couple days later)...

And hang out with the Van Rossums...

Yeah we couldn't really get their attention in this one because they were really into the end of The Fugitive. But then we got playing with the Mac Photobooth...

Kyle looks awesome here.

And Ellie looks beyond awesome here. Oh wait, speaking of Ellie looking awesome...

Yep. They're great. My favorite thing Kyle did was call Maggie (the dog). It is the clearest word he says, and he says it loud. Also he like shooshed Julie away once because he just wanted to get Maggie all by himself. That was really funny.

So now I'm back, and now we've started VBS. I'm co-leading the video team and it's pretty fun. But I have not gotten nearly enough sleep lately and I should have been napping right now but I didn't.

Oh, and in case you're confused of the title, one of Will Smith's first hits as a rapper was called "Summertime." The song probably does not relate to my life at all but I love Will Smith and I didn't want to have some unoriginal cliche title about the summer. Ok bye.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is good article, thank you.
goooooglemusic.googlepages.com

Unknown said...

I liked all the pictures and am going to assume that writing in "Angie Wysocki" style is a good thing. Funny though, I was just thinking that I've been putting lots of pics and not as many words on my blog lately...I'll work on it