Wednesday, April 16, 2008

marry me miracle mario

It's beautiful, isn't it? But don't be deceived by the title, I still love Brandon Rush too.

I don't really know what else to say about the fact that the Jayhawks are national champions. It's a moment I've been waiting for since I attended my first game in Allen Fieldhouse in 2001. And one I've especially waited for since 2003 when stupid Carmelo Anthony and Syracuse beat us in the final game.

Man we were close that year. This picture of Melissa and me was taken the day of that game, because as soon as it started, all the RAs were on lockdown in the dorms. People almost quit their jobs over the game that year.

Despite the fact I didn't get to enjoy the game from Lawrence or San Antonio, we still had a pretty good group.

Everyone was cheering hardcore for Kansas, so that's all that mattered. We were all on our feet in those last couple minutes, and I think I stopped breathing for a second when Mario made that shot. Unreal. A few minutes earlier, I thought for sure we had lost it.

But I didn't have Bill Self standing next to me saying, "Believe! Believe!" Apparently it worked.

So anyway, I'm happy.

One of the best parts of the whole thing was all the text messages and facebook comments I got congratulating me. They really made me realize that I'm pretty much the reason we won. Duh.

In conclusion, there is one KU player in particular that thinks I am awesome (besides all of those ones I am married to). Just see for yourself:


Yeah, that's Tyrel Reed, the next Kirk Hinrich of KU basketball. I think he must have heard about me from reading the tateblog...

(or maybe gary wysocki interviewed him. whatever.)

1 comment:

Ang said...

Yeah I'm sure he had read your blog...(or my dad has friends that we never knew about)