Not that it wasn't fun last year because I did enjoy constantly playing basketball and watching American Idol.
Here are the four reasons Mark's house is awesome: slack line, Wii, guitar hero, wheelchairs.
Now I will educate you on these things. A slack line is this flat rope tied between two trees that people try to walk and balance on. Sort of like a tight rope I guess, but the slack line is only a few feet off the ground.
I remember seeing hippie kids at KU doing slack lines on campus sometimes. But now there's one in my own (not really my own but sort-of) backyard. The thing is, I'm awful at slack line. I can't even really stand on it on my own, much less walk across it. But it's fine because other people like Mark and Max, or Marx and Mack as Rachel Cavanaugh and I call them, are really good at slack lining. Those hippies.
Moving on, one of Mark's new roommates Steve brought his video game systems with him--the Wii and PlayStation 2 with Guitar Hero. I've actually only played the Wii once and I haven't played his Guitar Hero yet, but I forsee myself playing these games a lot in the near future. Especially when it's too cold to play outside.
Finally, my favorite part of Mark's house is the wheelchairs. Mark is storing crutches and wheelchairs for this organization called Crutches for Africa. So naturally, we are constantly playing on the wheelchairs on Mark's back porch. The other night I mastered the wheely, which was an exciting moment in my life. Last night was the best though.
The Gager brothers and Lantz were over so the four of us were wheelchairing together. Then someone had the idea that we should make a train of wheelchairs. Then we decided to take the train out to the street. We escaped out of the fence and headed up the dark street. When we got to a satisfactory spot, we all hooked on to each other and started our train down street.
But then a car came. We all got freaked out and the train broke as we all pulled to the side of the road. Meanwhile the hippie guys that just moved onto the street came out of the house and were all watching us as we tried to get away from all the commotion. It was awesome.
Basically, I never realized how fun playing on wheelchairs could be. I'm not sure if that's wrong or not either. Hmmm... But anyway, they're so fun that playing on them was the highlight of my birthday I think.
Speaking of my birthday, it was sweet. Saturday night we went to dinner with the staff, and Sunday the Wysockis made dinner and dessert and peoples came over.
So I'm 25 now. That's weird. I feel about 18. Maybe. Also I need to note that one of my favorite birthday presents was a Bayside Tigers t-shirt from Angie. It is awesome. Good work Ang. And thanks to everyone else that gave me cool presents too.
Anyway all that to say this year is going great and I am loving it. But I've already said that probably. I gotta get ready to leave for my birthday dinner at the Gagers now...holla!
3 comments:
Tate, slack lining and guitar hero have become very fun parts of my life as well. we kinda live parallel lives...a little bit, except not. i'm so glad you are enjoying the goodness of slacking. i love that crap.
Bayside Tigers are our team...duh. I'm glad Mark's house got more fun but it also sounds like it got more dangerous. I might need a permission slip to go there now.
yes. basketball is overrated. wheel chairs are in. maybe we should combine the two.
Post a Comment