The beginning being where I last left off. The Tates and Poshaks and Cait all came to visit in May. It was way sweet. The parents came because it was our Youth Sunday, and that was awesome.
One of the highlights was a little hike we took. Here's our weird-looking family that went:
Not sure who's all related in that photo, but whatev. Here's our band pic too:
And me and the parents:
Also that weekend the parents all got to come to a Rockies game with us and the junior high youth group. I think they enjoyed it.
I cheered for the Royals obviously. There was more that happened that weekend, but I don't really remember it after all that's happened since then.On Memorial Day weekend I completed my four states in four days trip. I first flew to Chicago, where none other than Steven Sweat picked me up, and spent the day with Julie and babies.

In case you were wondering, they're still really cute. Don't even worry. And they both liked me a lot up until bath and bedtime.The next morning Angie picked me up and we started on our way the STL. And yes, after a nice dinner with the fam (including Poshaks), we did make a trip to Ted Drewes. How can you not? Saturday we made our way to Kansas, stopping in Columbia on the way to eat Lion's Choice. This trip was obviously all about the food.
In Kansas I got to be reunited with some of my fav peeps, except Emjo wasn't there so that's lame, but whatev. Here's some of the girls.
We had to take a walk around campus so I could relive 4 and a half years of memories in twenty minutes. Plus we had to stop and pray or whatever with Moses. Duh.
Oh, AND Angie had to experience what it's like to graduate from a big university.
There she is walking through the Campanile. Good work Ang.And after some Grace EPC goodness on Sunday morning, we made our way back to the great state of Colorado. Oh, after getting some Steak 'n Shake in Topeka. That day got a little boring but at least Gar and Mel gave me a portable DVD player so we could be entertained by episodes of Arrested Development. Six of them in a row actually.
Once home, I then began my preparations for El Salvador, which I've decided to hold off a little longer on writing about because my computer battery is almost dead. Tune in next time, perhaps even later today, to read about my adventures in The Salvador. Get excited...
5 comments:
By far, that was the best graduation I've ever participated in. And just to set the record straight, you watched 6 episodes in a row while I listened to 6 episodes in a row...don't want anyone to think we were unsafe!
good teaser. i love it. talk to you sometime next week when i get back to the estados unidos. -Emily
again no one gets why i cant sign in as myself
I remember when I used to be one of your favorite girls...jk, but seriously I miss you. I'll be in the CO Aug 4th thru the 12th ish. U there?
I like the Sound of Music reference. And those are some darn cute babies! For the record, they don't really like anyone at bedtime. Come visit again soon! JVR
Thanks for all the fun in Denver! Mar and I do love the S of M! Great photos! Look forward to hearing about El Salvadore. See you in Dallas. Love you lots!!!
Post a Comment