So I'm nannying this week. Every time a kid cries (well really it's just one kid) I remember watching Super Nanny with Julie Van Rossum and wonder, "What would super nanny do in this situation?" I don't know, but dealing with a 2 and a half year old little girl who I've had to clean pee and poop up after in just three days of sitting is not fun.
I don't plan to do this long term, but we'll see. I realized that much like substitute teaching, there are always funny stories to tell at the end of the day, but at least you get new kids everyday substituting. Any job suggestions? The staff makes fun of me for not having a job.
Denver has been great. I love the kids in the youth group, and I love the staff, so I'm content. I have no idea how long I'll be around here, but I'm off to a good start, I know that much.
Thanks for all your comments on my last blog, and sorry it's taken so long to get to another one. I never get on the internet for long enough. So I decided to take this opportunity while the kids are playing video games to say holla.
So my birthday was this past Saturday, and thanks to all of you who called and sent me stuff and hung out with me, because it was a great day. When I realized that my birthday would land only about a week after I got to Denver, I automatically assumed it would be lame and I would miss my friends. But God is good and I was wrong. I made friends quickly with a few people here, and I just threw all my friends in the Denver area together for one big event. So it turned out to be sweet. And I'm freaking 24. Wow.
I want you all to know that the other night I purchased two episodes of Mystery Science Theatre 3000 on VHS. Well actually I purchased one and my new friend Alan purchased the other for my birthday. I love that stuff.
Other good gifts:
-money
-cards
-awesome journal from Jen
-NOLA stuff including Cafe DuMonde beignet mix from Dani
-Rain DVD (Rob Bell) from Emjo
-cookie cake
-The Fray cd from Caitlin (duh I need that one now)
-iTunes gift certificate from Mark
-Target gift certificate from Andy and Chip
-Dinner from Alicia
-Putt putt coupons from new Dani
-A random assortment of things including a hubcap, koolaid, and Veggie Tales poster from Nick and Alan
-MST3K and a homemade Fray t-shirt that says "Ben is Awesome" on the back from new Alan
It was good.
Tonight I'm giving a little 10 minute talk at Jr. High youth group. I'm a little nervous, even though there's only like 20 of them and it's real short. Should be fun though. Then all my friends leave me for the High School retreat this weekend. I'm not going, but I'm okay with that. Should be a relaxing weekend after spending too much time with these little little kids.
Ok there's a lot of whining and crying coming from the other room, so I better go check things out. I'll try to keep you all updated more often of my Denver adventures...
3 comments:
so, i've been craving funfetti cake for like a week and i'm thinking it's because your birthday passed and i didn't have any for that. so, yeah, anyway, i'm glad you had a great bday. you're amazing and i miss you
my life is missing yours. but you are doing what God wants, and i am doing what God wants, so it is good. i hope things went well tonight and i love you constantly. and your new friends are great.
and i'll pray about your job sitch.
Tate I'm sorry I didn't send you Italian food for your birf. I love you and I miss you girl. You can go to my parents house if you want, I'll give you the address.
Post a Comment